Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Dozen Dollies...part 1

Hi everyone!
It's been far too long since I've updated my blog, and there are lots of fun Blythe custom creations on the horizon.  I have twelve girls I'd like to finish on my own that aren't commissioned works, and here's the start of the sneak peeks!

1.  My citrus-inspired girlie.  I've been excited about this one for a long time.  She's originally a Simply Peppermint RBL, and I chose a bright lemon yellow, an orange, and a special blend of 2 parts lime and 1 part super-bright yellow for her reroot, which was completed by the wonderfully talented Jess of MilkyRobot (this snippet is from her photo, as the reroot will be on its way to me soon)!  Jess also did the work on the substantial alpaca reroot for my next custom girl:


2.  Inspired by Storm from the X-men, this Manuheali'i Paradise Girl RBL has had the most amazing (and expensive) reroot to date, with well over 3 oz. of pure white alpaca from alpacaoutbacka rerooted by Jess of Milky Robot.  I'll be doing custom eyechips for her inspired by the four elements:  earth, air, fire, and water.  I only wish I weren't allergic to the alpaca, so that I could keep this girl forever!  The above sketch is by Lynne Yoshii.

I'll give you more details on the next 10 girls coming up, but I'm off to get some food and visit with friends for tonight.

One last thing:  I don't know that I've ever explicitly stated it, but all of my customs to date are from original Takara Blythe dolls or Ashton Drake Galleries Blythe dolls-- I don't work with factory or counterfeit Blythes.  This is a personal choice.  That's not to say I won't enjoy customizing other CCE dolls like Icys, Jecci5s, etc.  Also, I do not and will not copy another customizing artist's style, nor will I re-customize a doll that has been customized by another artist (unless that doll has been sold to me as "bait" or explicitly to be recustomized by the person who originally customized it).  I may well write more on this later, but I just wanted to let you all know!

Take good care of yourselves and each other, and happy November!
love,
Phillaine

No comments:

Post a Comment