Sunday, February 26, 2012

Shop update with new OOAK handpainted eyechips at Cover Your Dolly

Hi everyone :)


My shop has been a bit sparse lately, as I've been trying to relocate myself and my studio back to the midwest, as well as working on customizing, but I got in a stretch of painting the past 2 days, and Cover Your Dolly has half a dozen new sets of eyechips to show for it!


I've been trying to decide one thing, though, about how I present my eyechips:  should I continue to show them both against a plain black or white background and sitting (NEVER glued, of course!) inside a lovely Blythe dolly-model?  Pros? Cons?
I'm not sure if it helps or hinders being able to envision the chips in your dolly to see them in a Blythe girl, but one who is not your own.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!


Here are photos of a few sets of my new chips (completely OOAK) to give you an idea of what I mean:











What do you think?  With dolly?  Without dolly?  If both, which should be the first image you see?


About my eyechips for Blythe:


My eye chips are lovingly handpainted with various dolly-safe paints and sealed with a reflective foil and black acrylic paint. 

The designs behind my eyechips are NOT drawn, printed, or painted on paper like some other eyechips, but are painted directly onto the clear eyechip itself, giving a lovely variety of depth in color and reflection. 

9 comments:

  1. Personally I do like to see them in a dolly as it gives them more life. Showing both in a doll and on a plain background would be the way I'd like to see them and I think I'd put the plain background image as the lead one. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for both, but seeing them on black first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! That helps a lot, especially as I was showing them in the doll as the leading image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to see both, first just the chips, then in a dolly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've changed the setup on Cover Your Dolly to focus in on one eyechip, then the eyechips in a doll, then the set of eyehips on a plain background. Your feedback was very helpful.

      Delete
  5. I think both, against the black then the doll, but would prefer a stock doll, so that the eye chip is the real focal point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been wondering about who should be my eyechip model... hmm... it's difficult to decide because different colors look better with different dolls. I'll have to experiment a bit.

      Delete
  6. I agree, I find it hard to imagine them in a dolls eyes so seeing them "in situ" works really well for me (and my lack of imagination!)
    That first set in the pics is beautiful btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It seems everyone's got pretty much the same idea, I thank you all for your feedback, and I'm happy that you like the eyechips!

      Delete