Thursday, March 25, 2010

My first custom girl

My first custom girl was an amazing challenge, and very rewarding. I purchased her, took her apart, and learned from various online tutorials how to safely make her over completely. I was very fortunate that when I put her up for adoption in January, she was adopted by the wonderful and talented Gina Garan, (check out her website at http://www.thisisblythe.com)and given an exciting and loving home. Here are her before and after shots:

Before:


After:




I know people steer clear of customizing ADG girls, and they are difficult, but also very exciting to work with. Right now, I have 2 other ADG customs in the works!

4 comments:

  1. OMG.... you are so talented.. This really need alot of work and i can't stop admiring your work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet of you--thank you! I love these dolls, and all their little personalities seem very different to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow me and my mom just love her!! :) She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Semeeah! She's now living in the same home as one of my other custom girls, Libby (you can see her at the very top left). She's the first doll I ever customized and I had lots of fun with her even though I still had a lot to learn-- I'm glad you both like her :)

    ReplyDelete